Thursday, October 13, 2011

Boyd, a shield, and a Red barn

I love it when Boyd brings home cute school work. His writing and drawing makes me smile, I am so proud of him! For the first month or so of school, Boyd would come home with empty papers and always a "Finish at Home" stamp on them because he just wouldn't do his work. Not anymore! He has been doing everything his teacher asks and he really seems to care about doing a good job. I am so glad he is getting it!

I never remember to take "before" pictures of things. Oh well, the shield used to have a yellow lion on it, but I painted over it and drew his dragon and bronzed the edge with paint (it was bright yellow). The sword was a strange baby blue color that I just added silver, bronze and black to match a little better. I don't know what Boyd has against lions this year, but if a little paint will make him happy, it is so worth it! These are made out of a foam material, which I really like much better than the plastic ones.

Today we went over to the Red Barn for a cub scout field trip. I usually love the place, but one annoying thing today was that there was only 1 tractor hay ride instead of 2, so our trip was double longer than expected with a bunch of restless kids and it was actually hot today.

3 comments:

  1. Cami, you are so talented! I love how resourceful you are with making the Halloween costume--the props turned out great! I bet he is one happy trick-or-treater :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so crazy in love with that Kid... and he's going to RULE with that amazing shield. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the sword and shield. Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete