Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 2

Post a picture of you and someone you have been closest to the longest.

This one is kind of hard for me, its a close call. I thought of my family or siblings I grew up with because I've known them the longest, but not necessarily been closest to (not diminishing their role in any way). So, yup I'm going to be cheesy and say its my super husband Ken (I'll try not to be too mushy).

Ken and I have known each other for almost 10 years now (WOW! That's so weird!) and this year is our 9th anniversary. Hooray!
This is us when we were dating in Dec 2001, I had just turned 20, Ken was still 21. We were both working at Brick Oven full time and going to BYU. I lived in a crappy apartment 5 blocks away with my cousin Melissa and roommate Amanda. I paid $250 a month in rent (a deal!) and saved the rest for my tuition. I lived on cereal and pizza during the week and usually went to Ken's family's house for Sunday dinner. We did manage to get a lot of dates in, even though we worked so much and had school, it was often after work (Applebees was open until 1 or 2am). One thing I liked about Ken (and still do, of course) was how easy it was to just get along with each other, we can do normal work and things contently with out any drama. We still like each other after 10 years and still manage to be thoughtful and have a good friendship (that's what I think anyway... you'll have to ask Ken if he agrees).

1 comment: