Friday, June 12, 2009

She's alive!


Lucky little poop!
I might get a little whiny on this one, so you can skip it if you want.

Over the last maybe 6 months, Tweeky has lost about half her weight. She was quite a fat little thing ever since we saved her about 6 years ago. That was the first time she got lucky. Tweek was about to be put to her death by her previous owner for her little back end trouble- she doesn't have a tail, consequently doesn't always make it in the litter box. Usually its not such a big deal, we put puppy pads in front of the box and occasionally had to help her clean her bum. The big problem is since her weight loss, she has some bouts with diarrhea and vomiting. It ends up everywhere in our house. I really hate scrubbing crap out of the carpets.

One of the times was while I was in the hospital with Daisy, Ken took her in to the vet and got an anti-parasite med, in case it was that. Then, 2 days ago was an especially bad one. We let her clean our plates the night before of spaghetti (she loves it so much), but it was all over the house in pukes and squishy poo. I made another appointment for the vet, hoping it would be her last stop ever. Tweek lost another pound since the last vet visit a few months ago. This time the vet thinks the cat is allergic to regular cat food and table scraps. Uuuugghhh... so we have to buy her some expensive kind of cat food and separate the cats for feeding twice a day... no more table scraps either. This cat won't leave us alone about people food, no matter what it is, she's up in our eating business and won't shutup until our plates are lilcked clean by her. I've been trying not to be completely heartless, but I hate this cat so much! Especially since I have 3 kids in diapers too! I'm up to my eyeballs in crap everyday. This morning I woke up to Tweek's weight in cat puke all over the freshly cleaned carpet that I'll have to clean again today. I tell ya, this is one lucky little piece of poo cat... she's lucky I don't follow through with my plan of tossing her out the window or feeding her to the blind lady's dog next door every time I clean up after her. If the new pricey food doesn't settle with Tweek in the next 6 weeks, according to the vet, then we can do more tests on her. Oh, that sounds fun... we'll see if she survives that.

3 comments:

  1. Tweek: I'm not dead!

    Ken: She says she's not dead!

    Cami: Yes she is.

    Tweek: I'm not!

    Ken: She isn't.

    Cami: Well she will be soon.

    Tweek: I'm getting better!

    Cami: No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.

    Ken: Oh, I can't take her like that...

    Tweek: I don't want to go to the vet!

    Cami: Oh, don't be such a baby.

    Ken: I can't take her...

    Tweek: I feel fine!

    Cami: Oh, just put her to sleep!

    Ken: I can't.

    Tweek: I think I'll go for a walk.

    Cami: You're not fooling anyone. Look, isn't there something you can do?

    Tweek: I feel happy! I feel happy!

    *whomp!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni: Bwahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me guess . . . the only place you buy the aforementioned expensive cat food is from the vet who made the diagnosis!? Friggin' vets! What we do for our animals better earn us a mansion or a least a humble shack in the afterlife.

    ReplyDelete