Friday, November 18, 2011

Silly hats and a book

Do you like my hat? For my super cool book club it was our assignment to make/ wear a hat. I got pretty excited to make one for fun.
I made a second one for Joni, mostly because I just really wanted to make a tiny top hat.
It's really hard to see the other hat I put together. I glued a bunch of Thanksgiving decorations onto Karen's straw hat- ribbon, tulle, an artichoke, pumpkin, some corn and a turkey on the top! It was awesome! Terri made hers as well, I think fitting for the time era (early 1900's in the south).
We had coconut cake and lemonade for treats. Mmmm...
Oh yeah... and the book we read: Cold Sassy Tree by Olivia Ann Burns. Loved it! It was such a fun book to read, all the characters were round and interesting, and I just loved the story. I recommend it for sure! One of the main characters was a hat maker, hence the hats :) 

2 comments:

  1. DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT, I so wanted to be there. I love all the hats... and I LOVED the book. We need to have a mini discussion about it still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I wasn't invited. Silly hats and a chick book. Damn!!

    ReplyDelete