Saturday, August 6, 2011

What a Day!

This morning, bright and early Ken and I got up to put together this...
Woohoo a Trampoline!
We got up so early to have it ready before the kids woke up. Normally they sleep in until 9 or 10 am, but today they were all up before 7! Oh well, it was like Christmas morning and they were so excited!
Boyd said "I love it the same as Age of Mythology!' (his favorite game ever).
Lucy said "I love it as much as I love Mom!"
And Daisy just cried within about the first 10 seconds of getting on it.

We got to have my sister's kids over for most of the day because she was still in the hospital and we also had a little birthday party for Lucy.
She had a Strawberry shortcake theme and wanted a big cake instead of cupcakes (which I would rather have). Almost all of the kids asked "Why did you make an APPLE cake?" Really? Doesn't it look like a strawberry at all? I tried, I swear!

We got to visit with Baby David for a minute when Kelly and Jake were coming home. Lucy was so excited to hold him. We love babies!
Tonight, we went to another birthday party for some friends of ours. I wish I would have brought the camera, she made this rainbow cake with 6 separate layers of frosting in between and there were these cute fruit kabobs- watermelon, oranges, pineapple, kiwi, blueberries and purple grapes- rainbow food! I love cute food!

3 comments:

  1. Sadie had a lot of fun at Lucy's birthday party. thanks for inviting her! YES it looks like a strawberry not an apple! Silly kids! Your nephew is a cute little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Cami you have got to be the funnest mom EVER! :) My favorite part of this whole blog is you going, "then I had a little birthday party..." accompanied by a picture of your living filled with 20 kids! haha, that's awesome you took that on! I LOVE the cake! I immediately saw a strawberry, so I don't know what those kids were thinking. It's super cute! I always loved strawberry flavored cakes on my birthday too. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same as Age of Mythology? That's really something coming from Boydie! I bet you were totally exhausted by the end of the day but your kids will never ever forget it.

    ReplyDelete