Monday, August 15, 2011

Payson Hike

We took a little hike up Payson canyon to the Grotto. We haven't been before and it was beautiful!
It was a pretty fun, short hike (only 0.6 miles round trip) and it had some neat things like logs to walk across and tiny waterfalls.
Daisy kept saying "Wook! It's Wonderful!"
Lucy was a good coach for helping Daisy cross the logs. She's so sweet! "Come on, Daisy! I'll catch ya!"
It was so fun to arrive to the Grotto with a little waterfall and water to play in. What a neat place!
The kids got soaked and muddy! I didn't think to bring them in their suits or sandals because I was expecting more of a hike. Oh well, lesson learned, but we'll go back there again soon with the right gear.
Ken climbed up a steep part to the top of the waterfall. I was so nervous when he was up there! But, of course he was fine and said it was fun. I'm too much of a chicken these days!
We sure love living in Payson! There are a bunch of other places we need to explore up the canyon, I had no idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment