Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A little late

Here's my cute boy on his first day of First grade! I was so sad I couldn't be there for him, but his wonderful dad got him all set and ready to go! He got off the bus pretty happy and just said "School was too long!" and "Not fun!" Well, that's not too horrible, no major fits or breakdowns, so I say it was a success. His teacher seems like a really nice, good teacher and all of our neighbors who knew her say the same thing. She told me he did very well the first day. Boyd drew a picture of how he felt the first day of school and he wrote "Nrves" (nervous) and drew an army battle to go with it. It always takes Boyd a little bit longer than most kids to adjust to new things, but I am still very proud of him and we think he will do well this year!
Lucy is going crazy this week that she hasn't started her class yet! She is so ready and excited to go to Kindergarten! Lucy had her kindergarten testing yesterday and she loved it and did really great! Her teacher was just so pleased at how much she knows and is already reading. What a smart girl!

4 comments:

  1. Boyd is always a stud... and he looks extra cool in his tshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone know why I can't see a photo of Boyd on his first day of school? Jenna obviously can see it. I see no photo. What's up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't know. But, it is the same picture Ken took and put on his facebook page. Nobody else has said if it shows up or not on theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I see it. Very cute, indeed. So, I guess Daisy if really wondering what happened to her siblings--either she's missing them a lot or loving all the undivided attention...

    ReplyDelete