Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pretty Skirt

Holy Ruffles! What did I get myself into?  I made Daisy's skirt yesterday and now I've got to make Lucy's matching one. Oh boy, its not very easy for a beginning sewer like me, but I sure learned a lot! I think it turned out pretty cute.
And don't tell me it looks like a clogging skirt, or I'll be offended. Funny thing, I clogged one time when I was 5 and I had the ruffle-y pettiskirt slip thing. At my recital, I performed to the song "Do You Love Me? (Now that I Can Dance)." I still remember most of it, but that's not the point... these skirts are really cute, not like the clogging ones.

5 comments:

  1. That is so CUTE!!! I didn't think clogging at all. I can't believe how big Daisy's getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what a clogging skirt looks like...so I don't think that's what it looks like either. :-)

    It's so cute! Do you have a ruffler foot for your sewing machine? If not, GET ONE! They're not much money, and it makes things like this a piece of cake. It does all the ruffling for you - and evenly too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you make one for Avery, Karie's daughter? They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are SO DANG CUTE! I would like to put in an order for two...pretty please :) You are amazing! Clogging didn't even cross my mind. I can't wait to see what you come up with next! You are seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete