Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What a night!

So, the last couple of days Lucy has been sick. If we thought she was dramatic before, I was terribly, horribly wrong. Yesterday we also tried to do a couple of household projects. We had a coupon thing to Lowe's and thought we'd get everything under control around the house in a couple of hours no problem. Well, as most everything spiraled out of control in our small home repairs, add to that an attention starved, sick, and very whiny 2 year old. Ken and I were so patient and nice all day. We took the kids to McDonalds, played on the swings at Grandma's (Lucy totally fell off mid-swing and that was horrible), then we went to the park because it was such a pretty day. Despite our efforts of avoiding a traumatic day, Lucy was a terror.

Around 10:30, she was finally in bed asleep. I thought, "oh I'm so glad she is finally down for the night." I got the baby to bed an hour later, got myself to bed not long after that and very soon Lucy was up again. Ken took care of her for a while, attending to her every whiny demand. Then we thought she was asleep again about 2am when Ken came to bed. So it was my turn to take over and did just about everything I could think of to get Lucy to sleep. We changed her pajamas a couple of times, had medicine and warm milk and cold milk, watched Mickey Mouse, hugged, layed down with her, moved into mom's bed and back into hers 42 times. Lucy finally ended up in my bed asleep at 4:30am. I had to move to the couch because she is an insanely crazy sleeper. Just as I was dozing off, Daisy woke up screaming for food. I fed her, but fell back asleep without burping her, so 2 hours later she is crying again with a tummy ache. Then, it was time to get Boyd up for school. I did get a couple hours of sleep while he was gone before the Lu was up and at it again.

Hope the rest of the day goes a little better.

5 comments:

  1. oh, cami loo. are you sure you want to watch my kids tonignt? I feel like the evil sister in cinderella for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the Wii that really babysits. I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the report, dear Cami. Every once in a while I get some crazy idea like maybe I'd like another baby. (I'm really too old) And then I hear something like your day and a night and a day seeming like one day and I remember how lovely it is to have BIG kids.
    Hope you get some sleep and some smiley kids very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so sorry for you! Poor lucy, but especially poor you! You got hardly any down time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mah Gosh Girl..........I remember those days. So sorry for your lack of sleep. You love your little ones so much but sometimes...... you'd just like to rock them to sleep with a rock :) My mom used to say that when I wouldn't go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete