Wednesday, April 15, 2009

S.T.A.R.

I was so proud of my boy yesterday, especially last night for dinner. We have had some serious battles over food in the past. We are just thrilled if we can get Boyd to eat a poptart or a chicken nugget, let alone any real food. Last night I had just started some dinner and Boyd told me he was hungry. He ate some apples and strawberries while I was cooking the chicken and rice. He said, "Mmmm, smells so good!" Boyd ate about 4 plates full, asking for more of everything including his peas and corn. I don't think I've ever seen him eat so much! He sat at the counter for an hour and a half eating, it was crazy! I always make the same amount and we almost didn't have enough for us.

Last week we had his parent-teacher conference. We are just so glad Boyd is doing well in his school. He has just been happy so much more often than ever, and making some good strides in development. One of the things his teacher works on is learning control. They have this song and saying they do to try to calm down- STAR- Stop, Take a Breath, and Relax! His teacher told us he might do that for us sometime, and we were all yeah right. But, Boyd totally did that to me the other night when I was getting him dressed I was in a hurry and being a little stern. He put his hand out and said, "Stop, Take breath, and ReeeeMax!" It was so cute, what a funny kid!

1 comment:

  1. I think we could all benefit from the STAR method. Isn't it awesome how much he's learning? I'm so proud too. What a man.

    ReplyDelete