Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crazy about Cats

The kids and I made these cute cat Valentine boxes the other day. Boyd is supposed to make one for his school class and the girls were so jealous, we had to make one for them, too. Boyd has been going crazy about how much he loves his cat things. I hope his cat box makes it in time for Valentine's day, it has definitely been loved!
Boyd wrote some cute things for his questionnaire. I love how he spells "kittins" I haven't the heart to tell him it's not spelled right, I think he would be upset that every single paper he ever wrote has been wrong. Boyd has covered his walls in his room with cat drawings, covered his bed in stuffed cat toys, always plays "cats" with Lucy, and watches "Thunder Cats" everyday. He is one cat loving kid, and our real cats sure love him back! Boyd always makes sure they have food, water, and lots of pets! He is such a sweet heart.
The girls love to baby the cats as well. Ollie was out cold while Daisy and Lucy giggled and wrapped him in the pink blankey, he sure was happy though! 
Siff is the sweetest boy ever! He is so snuggly with the other cats and he lets the kids carry him around like a baby and he just purrs constantly.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you let him write without correcting his spelling. There's plenty of time later for that, and in the mean time he gets lots of practice writing out his thoughts and ideas.
    I'm so totally with him on never eating 100 casseroles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of my children tried to write as soon as they could make their letters. I remember wondering if Amy would have difficulty in school because of her errant spellings--and if you know Amy, you know that nothing of the sort happened--she's brilliant! It's a normal learning progression, and I think a sign of high intelligence--because all my children did it. :)

    ReplyDelete