Sunday, February 12, 2012

Heart Cake!

I tried my first fondant cake yesterday! I was pretty happy the way it turned out. Marshmallow fondant was pretty simple... marshmallows, a little water, and powdered sugar, but I did think it was a little tough to get the consistency right. I think I ended up using a little too much powdered sugar because it got a bit crackly looking. (The second picture you can especially see).
I had a fun time making the bow and putting on the pearly beads with tweezers. Boyd helped me roll it out and cut the hearts and all the kids were so excited to watch and "help." Daisy was sure a darling singing "Happy Birthday to ME!" at the top of her lungs (twice because Lucy blew out her candles before she got a chance).
See how Lucy is getting ready to blow out Daisy's candles first! Yep, we had to repeat the whole song and candles so Daisy could do it herself.

3 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job! We need a day where we play with fondant. To be honest it scares me a little, silly I know, but at least now I have one more source to go to if I need help! NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job Cami! It's such a cute cake! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a very pretty cake. I thought the "crackly" was just texturing. You're such a good Mom.

    ReplyDelete