Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oops!

I screwed up big time! I've been wanting to repaint my basement for a little while now. The color was fine- just a tan color. But, we didn't have any touch up paint for it and we had some pretty bad scratches and holes to fix. I was getting a little tired of the whole brown basement- walls, carpet, couch all brown.
Terrible picture of my tan basement "before"
So, I decided to go with a nice, fresh, spring green color (or so I thought!) And ended up with this atrocity...
If it's possible it even looks worse in real life! AND I painted pretty much the entire basement for like 5 hours today. Ok, to my credit it looked slightly better in the daylight and it was a lighter color when it was wet. But, still I'm a huge dope and I bought 3 gallons of this putrid color at Walmart and I wasted the whole day. Does anyone know if I can return paint to Walmart?

2 comments:

  1. Not custom mixed colors. I think the main difficulty is the color of your light. Get light bulbs that will emit a light with more blue, you'll like it much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go to home depot and get a better color. Walmart paint never turns out how you want it to. It be just that. The same color in a better paint could be gorgeous. Also what mom said with the light bulbs. And it is just paint. You can always redo it if you don't like it. Live with it a few days and see what you really think.

    ReplyDelete