Friday, September 23, 2011

Soup

Creamy Broccoli Soup A La Cami

In a pot I put about a Tb of olive oil with minced garlic and onion powder (you can do a real onion if that's what you're into). I added a can of Chicken Stock, 1 cup of milk, 1/2 a bar of cream cheese (low fat works well), and 1 can of cream of chicken, and of course chopped broccoli. Cook on medium for about 15 min, then whisk in 1/2 pint of cream and 2Tbs of flour to thicken. Stir well to make sure there are no chunky bits. Salt and Pepper to taste, and serve with cheddar cheese on top.

Seriously the best soup I ever made! If only I would have made fresh wheat rolls to go with it, it would have been perfecto!

It took about a half hour of coaxing and bribing to get Boyd to take a bite "It looks gross, I might puke! I don't like the green parts and black spots! I don't like white soup! etc." Once he did take a bite he said "Oh I was just kidding, broccoli soup is really my favorite and I love it the most!" He liked to eat it with a cheese sandwich and even asked for more of both. Silly boy! I am still proud of him not throwing a tantrum or crying, and finally opening his mouth for a bite and admitting that he really did like it.

A cute story: After our bedtime routine last night, I sang the last song and Lucy pretended to be asleep. Daisy went over to Lucy, stroked her hair, gave her a big kiss on the cheek and said "Aw, good night, sweet dreams, Princess!" Lucy still pretended to be asleep, but she had the biggest smile on her face. As Daisy and I were going up the stairs Lucy shouted "Love You Daisy!" Isn't that the cutest thing you ever heard? I LOVE when my kids are so sweet to each other!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute!! I definitely want to try this recipe out. Did you make it up?? Remember when we use to make up casserole recipes?? I think it was mainly you--you'd throw in rice, chicken, cream o' whatever, put foil over it....and a while later we had a masterpiece! :) I LOVED the story about Boyd :) My little brother is the same way, and that made me laugh at how quickly he changed his tune :) Really sweet moment with your little girls too--that's so great you are blogging about it so that when you forget one day, you'll be able to read it and remember :) Isn't blogging great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I do have a little problem with experimenting food recipes for sure. But, a few times there have been some disasters, and then here and there I get awesome stuff. Ya never know! Blogging is so fun... sometime I need to get mine printed in a book, have you seen those before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friends did it! I haven't yet, but in my ideal world, I want to get our blog in a book once a year for Christmas or something....or maybe just after the new year so Christmas stuff gets included :) My friend did it through Blurb, but I know there are lots of companies out there. SO impressed you made this up. Definitely going to try it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting. I'll definitely be making this one!

    ReplyDelete