Monday, January 10, 2011

More January goal stuff

Just since my last post I had some new resolutions come up and why not share?
Ken started the "Biggest Loser" competition at his work, and that was a good time for the both of us to get on board. I'm not in it for the huge amount of weight loss or anything, but just because I want to get healthier and in shape. I haven't even been checking the scale at all because honestly the number doesn't bother me, I would just like to reverse that inverse hour glass figure a bit more and have more energy everyday.

I did one class of Zumba and loved it! It totally kicked my butt, but I'm glad I did it even the whole hour. I think I will try to get to a class once or twice a week. Then I have to think of some other exercise to do in between like a workout video or treadmill. I sort of hate running, but its not so bad when I'm watching a show at the same time.

Despite all the great progress Boyd has been doing, one thing that has been getting worse is his eating habits. He just keeps eating less food and less variety all the time. He pretty much survives on 1-2 pb&j's a day. Boyd has weighed the same amount for over 2 years, which is a little worrisome. So anyway, we've been trying to get Boyd to eat more things and try new foods. He absolutely hates it- gags, cries, spits, chokes, hits his face. But, he actually is trying new things, he has to pick one new food at dinnertime or he can't play games. Poor guy, but I'm sure it will get much better soon as long as we stick to it.

I started reading the Count of Monte Cristo and absolutely love it! I've decided that I want to read more books this year. I don't know why I've had a weird chip on shoulder about reading- I guess it comes from high school at having to read books because they told me to and it wasn't supposed to be fun. It is just one of those stupid ideas I had in my head that doesn't even make sense. Better late than never, right?

I also thought I would at saying some things I am thankful for more often. Sometimes I keep a mental note of all the things I want and need to buy. The list keeps adding up longer and longer to where I don't stop to see all the many more things I do have and how wonderful they are. The first thing I will start with is that I'm thankful my family and I have had our basic needs met so easily everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment