Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kids and bows

My Goofy Kids!
They are so weird and also pretty awesome.

A couple weeks ago I started a little chore chart for them- they get check marks for each job and then a sticker for everyday. That seems to be working well so far and they are mostly excited to help out around the house and work on their reading time with Mom. Daisy doesn't quite get it, but she still likes to be a part of everything because she is a big girl. 
The other day Lucy asked me if I used her Mickey notebook to make a sticker chart and I said yes. She told me, "Oh Mom, how could you?!" in her best dramatic performance, back of her hand over her forehead. Oh dear! 
Speaking of dramatic, last week Lucy slipped on the ice and she cried, "I just can't take it anymore!"

Oh and an update on Boyd: A couple weeks ago I had a parent teacher conference and we talked about Boyd maybe going to a different class because he is so bored and also so he would be able to go to regular 1st grade in the fall (they are supposed to go to kindergarten another year). His teacher had to talk to some people about that and yesterday we talked again. The other kindergarten teacher said it wouldn't be a good idea to change his class right now. But we are going to get the workbook and have us catch up to other class by working on more writing skills and worksheets at home as well as continuing his reading. As far as his social and behavioral skills, he's meeting all of his goals and is doing well enough to be able to move on to 1st grade. I'm really proud of him growing up so much and so fast. The end of the last school year we were still unsure about him going to an autism class or a transitional class and he's done so much better than we ever imagined.

I made another bow the other day and its super cute. I cut 12 7" pieces of ribbon (I was making 2 of them) and put a mark on the center.
Then I folded the ribbon and glued the 2 ends to the center mark (not overlapping).

I glued them all together. First by 2 ribbons across and then stack 3 of those.
Glue on a center button and clippy and there ya go!
The last time I made these I followed a guide that said to sew them, but that way you get so much overlap of ribbon that the center is really tall and chunky, so I just glued them so it would be flatter and I like it better that way.

2 comments:

  1. Darling bows!

    Sounds like you get the award for the best drama queen, for sure. She's such a darling girl.

    ReplyDelete