Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another bow

If you want to make this cute bow, better find another way unless you want to burn the shiz out of your fingers. I followed a tutorial from another blog and realized how stupid it is to hot glue something so close to your hand with only a thin piece of material sometimes falling in between. But, here's what I did:
Cut about a 1 inch piece of long material. Tie a knot at one end, twist up the piece and wrap it around the knot while hot gluing it and keep wrapping and twisting the material in a spiral.
Then I swiped a few feathers from my daughter's dress up boa, cut a material circle and glued it on the back.
I glued on a bead for the center and a clippy and there it is...
 Cute as a bug, huh? I think so. I think next time I would cut out a piece of felt in a circle first and then glue the fabric onto that instead of on my hand. Brilliant!

2 comments:

  1. CAMI! it's insanely adorable. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried to comment twice from my ipod and it hasn't worked.. CUTE CUTE CUUUUTTTEEEE Cami!!!!

    ReplyDelete