Friday, August 28, 2009

My silly kids





Lucy told me she wanted me to take pictures of her "cute bum and face" What a weirdo! She was being quite silly tonight, just making weird faces, singing funny songs, dancing like Goofy, and watching "Scooby Goo." Lucy loves to sing the Happy Family song all day, inserting the names of every person she knows at least 42 times each. She also likes to sing "Some Bean" (Sunbeam). One of the funniest things Lucy does is when she's drawing and I ask her to clean up or get in bed, she glares at me while drawing a frowny face really hard on the magna doodle toy. Lucy's current funny word is noodles. It sounds a little more like "waddles."

Daisy started doing a funny thing where she scrunches her nose and breathes loud. I can't really explain it, but it cracks me up. Boyd used to do the very same thing at her age.

Boyd is so excited to start school. He's been ready to go all week. He packed his backpack and carried it everywhere and wouldn't stop talking about school. Today was his open house at school. Last night I told him no school unless he gets in bed and he jumped right in and was out cold in seconds. This morning I woke him up and he dressed himself, got socks and shoes on and was ready as fast as can be. When we drove up to the school, he started getting nervous. He didn't want to go into his class for a while, but finally warmed up when it was time to go, of course. He starts on Monday and I think he'll do really well again. He has the same teacher as last year, too.

3 comments:

  1. Your babies are sure fortunate to have you for their mommy, Cami. In fact, I think the whole family is blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when Boydie did that! Now I need to see the Daisy version. Cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does Daisy look so startled in that one picture? hahahahahhaa. Cute kiddos.

    ReplyDelete