Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's a pocket!

I wanted to have a little project to do while listening to conference and this is what I came up with.
So it's basically a pocket to hang over the seat in the car for books, paper and markers. We are going to drive to California soon and I'm thinking about some things to help make it a better ride.
I couldn't find anything on Pinterest that was what I had in mind, so I had to just make up a pattern as I went. I doubled up the fabric and did double seams to make it stronger. I basically took a long piece of fabric and folded it up for the pocket, sewed on a second pocket, and folded over the top part and strung an elastic through to hold it. Neat huh?

7 comments:

  1. Very cool! Hope you have a fun trip, and an easy drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I made one like that only with about 6 pockets--of course!

    Drive safely and have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could totally sell that! Way cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual for you, Cami, this is very cool. You are definitely in the top 4 of our daughters-in-law. How did we get so lucky?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is officially on pinterest now!! :)

    ReplyDelete