Monday, April 26, 2010

About Boyd



Today I got a bug to work in the yard again. I went out to do some weeding this morning and then decided to put a new plant or two in some of the containers I had. There were some tomato plants and herb plants on sale at RiteAid. Boyd was so excited to help me plant, he wanted to do every step and then have me take a picture of him with the new plants. While I was weeding a little bit more this afternoon, I found a worm in the dirt and showed it to Boyd. He thought it was so cool, asking all about worms and what they do and eat and where they live. Boyd even named the worm "Bernie." What a silly guy!

I just couldn't be more proud of Boyd, he's been making some awesome progress all around especially in the past few months and he seems to be happier, too. He will be going to a transitional Kindergarten class this fall instead of an Autism class. Basically it is a remedial Kindergarten class that he can learn to integrate into a regular school class later. I also got Boyd signed up for an at home computer preschool program, he started it this week and I love it! He's learning how to read as well as math and science. The kids are supposed to do the program for about 15 minutes a day, but he wants to play it for hours and he seems to be really learning a lot.

4 comments:

  1. What is that face he's pulling? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAAAAA ha! I want to meet Bernie the worm. You're cool, Boydie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool about the preschool program! I finally get trained on Wednesday - I'm excited to start Jimmy.

    Boyd is so sweet, what a cool kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a goof. I like that boy. He's so smart and so nice.

    ReplyDelete