Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year

I totally wasn't going to share my resolutions, I guess because I'm shy like that, but I keep feeling like I better write them down anyway.

1. Help my kids with their learning, specifically Boyd. I'm going to attempt the library again (he used to have the biggest tantrums even setting foot in that place). I have to remember that he is a different kid and needs to try new things and have fun with books. We started reading again before bed, now I would like to grow on that.

2. Cook regular meals. I want to finally try some new recipes and enjoy cooking good, healthy meals for my family. As part of it also, I want to keep my food budget under control, so I am signing up for a grocery smarts class soon.

3. Keep my new home nice and clean. Its easy for me to let the kids take over, but I'm determined to keep up a little better, so I don't get overwhelmed.

4. Have some craft time for myself. I want to focus on learning to sew and get some fun things made.

I am open for any ideas, advice, suggestions, or help on how to get some of these things done.

5 comments:

  1. As far as keeping the house clean I've found a few things that help. Have only things in your house that are useful, beautiful, and are in good repair - get rid of everything else. Every night before bed load the dishwasher, wipe down the counters and table, and do a quick pick-up of everything that is out of place (toys, shoes, dirty clothes, newspapers, etc.) Make sure that everything you own has a place - teach your family what the place is for their things. Sort the mail over the trash can/recycle bin and immediately throw away anything that isn't important.
    Good luck, Cami! Your resolutions sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy is a good teacher, Cami. I would recommend her to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that sounds just like what I need to do. Sigh. Great resolutions and enjoy your new home! It makes it a fresh start - that's the positive thing about moving - I try to redefine myself a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you on every single one of these... Especially the sewing. We'll get obsessed together. You should SEE all of the patterns I've downloaded from the internets. It's slightly ridiculous. Also, you're welcome to look at my recipes if you want. I've got a whole bunch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, Cami. Those are all very worthwhile resolutions and you'll be a better person and have a happier family if you can stick to them. And, when you don't stick with them, just start over the next day or a couple of days later and try again.

    You're an excellent Mom and wife and a great daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete